Friday, December 23, 2005

Now Where's the Site Gone!

Here’s the latest news from home. Sadly not much has been happening. However the one thing that has left me wondering is the sudden disappearance of the Indian Steam Railway Society (ISRS) website. It was there a few months back and now its gone! Perhaps they are really facing a cash crunch. Somehow I think I could be of help. But the problem is that they want INR 2000 for membership and that is a wee bit expensive. I haven’t been to the Railway Museum here for several months and am quite desperate to get there. Personally I am rather bothered by the sudden disappearance of the site. If they have no money it would really be a terrible thing.

Also I haven’t got the next issue of the Indian Steam Railway Magazine. Perhaps there will be no such magazine as the ISRS will be too short of funds to bring out such a mag. What I am planning to do is approach them with an idea that might help them in getting some moolah in their account. A rather simple plan. Sell cards! That should do it. Will send out a mail to those guys later this month. Till then keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite sad to hear that. even in my country lack of funds is the main prob with the societies. but wish them well.

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they just forgot to get the licence renewed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home